Making Birthdays Fun Again

Saturday, July 9, 2011

To infinity and beyond!

My nephew absolutely loves Toy Story.  So, I did a cake revolving around toy story.  Each tier represents something different from the story.  My nephew is always talking about Buzz, so I had to top the cake off with Buzz.  The bottom tier is about Andy's backyard....

The cake was iced in butter cream....the fence is made out of pie crust that I cut into strips, baked and brushed with food coloring. There's kind of a funny story that goes along with the pie crust: I sent my husband to pick up some of the pie crust you can buy in the refrigerator section at the grocery store.  For some reason, he brought home pizza crust!!!  I bet you can imagine how frustrated I was when I saw the pizza crust!  So, I ended up making pie crust from scratch...luckily, for my husband, it turned out just fine..

The middle tier represents "outer space."  I piped on different swirls and added some little stars.  I piped on white butter cream on each tier to represent clouds.

The top tier is for Buzz.  I made a planet with a crater in it.  I added some stars and some white butter cream. 

At the party, I added some other characters to the cake.  Jessie, Bullseye, some aliens, an army man with parachute and of course.....Woody. 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very coooooool!!!!!

July 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home