Making Birthdays Fun Again

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My new assistant!


The same weekend I had to do the graduation cake, I also had a request for a 16th birthday cake.  Not only was it a fondant covered cake, it was to be filled with chocolate mousse and strawberries. This was no ordinary cake decorating job.  Normally I would fit the cake making/decorating around my schedule, but with this cake, I had to work it into my schedule and my "new assistant Kelsey's" schedule.  Kelsey wanted to help make her boyfriend's cake. 
Kelsey helped with all aspects of this cake.  From frosting, to coloring, to rolling out and to sculpting.  She did a wonderful job! And the cake turned out quite well! Kelsey sculpted the football out of cereal treats. 



So, after we finished the boyfriend's cake....we figured we should also make Kelsey's dog Alex a birthday cake.  It was his birthday too!  Instead of "cake" Kelsey sculpted a bone out of cereal treats and we covered it in fondant.


Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
-- Roger Caras

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home